Thursday, April 9, 2015

Back to Blogging


It's been a few years since my last blog post So much has happened in the past few years
  • Our family has gotten smaller
    • We went from a family of 8 down to 3 of us living at home.
    • The last of the "big kids" moved out last month
    • We have just one child left, Alex, who has Down syndrome and an array of other special needs.
    • My Dad passed away December 2014
  • Our family has gotten larger
    • We added a daughter-in-law June 2014, when our oldest son, J got married
    • We will be adding another daughter-in-law May 2015, when our son, JP gets married
    • We will be adding a grand-daughter June 2015 *
  • We are living in rural southwest Washington
    • Approximately 2 hours from Seattle (going north), and 2 hours from Portland (going south)
    • Close enough to "visit" the big city, without having to live there
  • Bi-vocational
    • Being placed at a small rural church, caused us to make some pretty tough decisions We LOVE our church family, and are seeing growth (both spiritually and numerically), so after much prayer, Pastor-Hubby felt lead to take a full-time job outside the church and go "part-time" at the church. We are still in the process of figuring out how to juggle family, church, and job responsibilities.

    Well that's basically my life in a nutshell And now, the purpose for me to start blogging again:

    I lead a small group/Bible study at our church. It is a fabulous group of women. We are starting a new study We are going to go through "The Faith Dare" by Debbie Alsdore. It's written as a 30 day "study", but we are going to take 10 weeks to go through it. We will spend more than 1 day on each of the "days" listed in the book. My hope, is that we can go a bit deeper if we spend a more time. Throughout the next 10 weeks (or so), I plan to blog my journey as I dare to live my life to its fullest, putting my faith in God in all aspects of my life. This is a big step for me I'm not one who usually puts my life "out there" for the whole world to see. When I go through difficult and challenging times, I usually hide within myself. But after thumbing through the "Faith Dare" book, I really felt the Holy Spirit nudging me to be transparent and share my journey. So, here goes


     


     

1 comment: