Tuesday, May 8, 2012

In Search of the Perfect Granola

I love granola!  Granola with yummy dried fruit and nuts...  I like it sweet, but not too sweet.  I like it crunchy, rather than sticky. Besides the dried fruit and nuts, I prefer my granola rather plain, just rolled oats, not a lot of other stuff.


I found the prefect "dry ingredient" amounts, but have been playing with the "wet ingredients" for awhile, trying to find perfection. The search is over!  I found perfection!


Perfect Granola 
Dry ingredients: 
                           13 cups rolled oats
                              2 cups shopped nuts 
                              2 cups dried fruit


Wet ingredients:
                           3/4 cup oil
                              3 T molasses
                              1 T vanilla
                              1 cup honey
                             1/2 t salt


Stir "wet" ingredients into "dry" ingredients (except for dried fruit - leave fruit out until granola has been baked) making sure to coat all of the oats and nuts.  Place onto 2 cookie sheets at bake at 350 for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.  Take out and let cool.  Add dried fruit.  When cool, place in airtight container.  



No comments:

Post a Comment