Sunday, May 20, 2012

Yummy Peanut Butter Popcorn



The boys requested peanut butter popcorn.  It is so yummy (although I don't dare have any because of my dreaded corn allergy!) I first found this recipe years ago in the More with Less cook book.  I did alter it a bit...  it called for corn syrup, but I use honey instead...  I think it gives it a "fuller"  flavor.  It has become a family favorite.






Here's the recipe:


4 quarts popped popcorn
1 cup sugar
1 cup honey
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla



Place sugar and honey in a sauce pan and heat on medium.  Stir until sugar and honey are melted and come to boiling.  Add peanut butter, stirring to be care not to scorch it.  When peanut butter in melted and it is liquidy, take off of heat and add vanilla.  Pour over popped popcorn, making sure to coat all the kernels. You could add peanuts if you wanted.
Doesn't this look yummy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment